A Policy Designed to Meet Your Needs
As the #1 Lawyers’ Malpractice Insurance Company in Illinois, our goal is to protect our policyholders with the right coverage for your practice.
We were founded by Illinois lawyers, for Illinois lawyers, with the sole purpose of serving you.
ISBA Mutual Benefits
- The ONLY Carrier endorsed by the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Policyholder-owned… our #1 priority is serving you.
- Direct access to all ISBA Mutual employees including Underwriting, Claims and Risk Management Consultation Services.
- Ease and convenience of payment on your schedule, whether it’s in monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual installments at 0% interest.
- Defense of ARDC Complaint provided by ISBA Mutual counsel.
- $0 Deductible option available to Solo Practitioners.
- First $5,000 of defense expenses paid by ISBA Mutual before the deductible applies.
- No settlement clause found in our policy to compel an insured to settle a claim (no “hammer clause”).
- Free Unlimited Extended Reporting Period (Tail) available in the event of Death, Disability, or Retirement of an Insured.
- Active Duty Military Service Extended Reporting Period (Tail).
- Unlimited Extended Reporting Period (Tail) options available to Firms of all sizes.
- Endorsement available for an additional limit of Defense Costs.
Please read and review the insurance contract for details.