As part of our mission to help you mitigate risk, we’ve created some handy guides on a variety of topics dealing with legal malpractice — everything from fee disputes and data breaches to using social media.
Some topics were brought to our attention through our risk management hotline. Others cover issues that come up regularly in claims and suits. Still others are “heads ups” about issues like regulatory changes that we’ve identified and think you need to know about.
We hope you find them helpful. And if you have any suggestions for other risk management related topics you’d like to see covered, let us know.
- Client Relations
- Client Screening
- Documenting Engagement (and Non-Engagement)
- Documentation and Case Management
- Billing, Collecting Fees, and Handling Client Funds
- Employee Training
- Substantive Errors
- Data Breach & Privacy
- Succession Planning
- Social Media
- The Malpractice Time Bomb: Stress & Substance Abuse
- General Loss Prevention Tips You Should Know
- Lawyer-to-Lawyer Relationships That Can Cause Liability
- Director or Officer & Other Risky Business Relationships