When: November 15, 2023, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – AT CAPACITY
Where: Online (Zoom)
What: Avoiding Business Email Compromise and Wire Fraud
Scams and hackers become more sophisticated every year. Business Email Compromise and Wire Fraud are among the most common cyber insurance claims for law firms today – for all areas of practice. Every lawyer needs to understand the duties, challenges, and appropriate methods for using technology. You will learn:
- What you can do to prevent business email compromise before it happens
- Signs that your firm is under attack and what you can do immediately to minimize harm
- What to expect to address, investigate, and resolve a BEC from start to finish.
- Your ethical responsibilities following a business email compromise attack
- Best practices that everyone in your firm needs to follow to protect your clients from wire fraud
Due to an unexpectedly large response, this event has already reached capacity. Additional sessions of this webinar will be scheduled in the near future and a recording will be available in the Illinois State Bar Association Online CLE Library.
Please submit your information to the form below to be notified when the next live session becomes available. Outdated browsers may not display the form below. In that event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, firm name and email address to be added to the list.
This webinar is available for MCLE credit. Lawyers and their staff are encouraged to attend.