How to Report Claims / Incidents
1. When should I contact ISBA Mutual’s Claim Department?
Contact us at the first sign of trouble. Our experience suggests that many claims can be avoided or mitigated by early reporting. The Claim Department can be reached at (312) 379-2000 and at email@example.com.
Although your telephone call is important, you must provide us with written notice of a claim.
2. What is a claim?
A claim is a demand for money or services, the service of a suit, or the initiation of an arbitration proceeding against you that seeks damages from you for an actual or alleged negligent act, error, or omission. A claim is also an incident or circumstance that may result in a demand against you for damages for an actual or alleged negligent act, error, or omission.
3. What do I need to include in my notice of claim or incident?
You can email, fax, or mail your completed Claim or Incident Report form or provide the following information in writing:
- The date(s) of the act, error, or omission
- The date when you first became aware of the claim / incident
- The circumstances by which you first became aware of the claim / incident
- The damage or injury that has or may result
- The identity of possible or actual claimants
- A summary of the circumstance giving rise to the claim / incident