Where: ISBA Mutual Offices
What: Advocates’ Society CLE Event
Presentation: Malpractice Insurance- What are you buying? What are carriers selling?
Outlined the Who, What, When and Why of a malpractice insurance policy so that lawyers can make an informed decision that protects them and their clients.
What participants learned:
- The difference between a Claims Made and Reported Policy and an Occurrence Policy
- The Named Insured – who is and is not covered
- What is a Claim? What is Malpractice?
- Calendar math – the policy and claim dates that affect whether claims are covered
- Succession Planning, Retirement and Extended Reporting Periods
- Common conditions that may or may not influence coverage
- Common exclusions
- Common endorsements and coverage
1.0 hour of approved MCLE credit, including 1.0 hour of professional responsibility MCLE credit.
- Brian Olson, Director of Member Services, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company