One of the major causes of legal malpractice claims is conflict of interest. This happens when conflicts checks are not undertaken; or when they are not fully analyzed.
Our guide provides you with the information you need to know about conflicts of interest. Through reading our guide, you will learn:
- how to identify the different types of conflicts of interest
- the imputation of conflicts and ethical walls
- obtaining conflicts waivers and informed consent
- conflict check procedures and choosing a checking system that works for you,
- other tips you should know and conflict traps you should look out for, and
- now including a NEW conflicts of interest waiver and non-engagement letter template!
Don't forget to follow us on all of our social media channels:
Want to read more about how to protect yourself and your clients? Check out these free articles.