20th Annual ISBA Mutual Jerry Mirza Memorial Risk Management Conference: Optimize Your Success in a Changing World
When: October 18, 19, 20 and 21, 2016
Where: Collinsville, Bloomington, Oakbrook Terrace and Chicago
What: 20th Jerry Mirza Memorial Risk Management Conference: Optimize Your Success in a Changing World
It seems that the only thing in life that never changes is when the umpire yells “Strike three!” Everything else changes. Despite our staid reputation, change has long been occurring in the legal profession:
- Technology continues to expand and evolve across law firms;
- Internet technologies have empowered consumers, and are changing how legal services are delivered;
- Hourly rates are giving way to flat fees in some practice areas;
- Mobile devices and pervasive connectivity are changing clients’ expectations of communication with their lawyers;
- Non-lawyers are providing some legal services online, even across state lines that traditionally limit lawyers;
- State bars and courts are exploring the licensing of non-lawyer alternatives to provide legal services.
Participants received practical strategies for making the most of these changes to the legal professions so that they, their firms and their clients can thrive in the coming years.
- Reid Trautz, Lawyer and Practice Management Advisor to Law Firms