ISBA Mutual Lunch and Learn: Anatomy of a Lawyers’ Professional Liability Policy
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices
What: Lunch and Learn: Anatomy of a Lawyers’ Professional Liability Policy
Lawyers have a professional responsibility to put the needs of their clients first, and part of that responsibility is making their client whole in the event of a professional error that causes harm. That’s why lawyers purchase professional liability insurance. But what exactly is in the policy? This presentation outlined the who, what and when of a lawyers’ professional liability insurance policy so that lawyers can make an informed decision that protects them and their clients. Specific things you will learn include:
- What is a Claim? What is Malpractice?
- Coverage Agreements
- The Named Insured
- Common exclusions
- Essential dates
- Common conditions that may or may not influence coverage
- Supplemental coverages
- Explanations of other common policy terms
1.0 hour of approved MCLE credit, including 1.0 hour of professional responsibility MCLE credit.
- Mosea Harris, Claims Examiner, CCP, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company
- Orsola Meo, Underwriter, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company