ISBA Mutual Lunch and Learn: How Not to Get Old: Avoiding Forced Retirement
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices
What: Lunch and Learn: How Not to Get Old: Avoiding Forced Retirement
This course provided participants a better understanding of the most common issues facing senior lawyers in practice and how the Lawyers’ Assistance Program (LAP) can help. By directly facing the challenges of aging, lawyers are better able to remain in control of their well-being. Planning ahead can prevent being overtaken by unexpected events.
Topics covered included:
- The most common issues facing senior lawyers in the practice of law
- How to identify colleagues who may be struggling
- How LAP is available to help
- Strategies that can mitigate the effects of aging
1.0 hour of approved MCLE credit, including 1.0 hour of Mental Health & Substance Abuse MCLE credit.
- Tony Pacione, MSW, MAEd, Deputy Director for the Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program