ISBA Mutual Lunch and Learn: Under Pressure: Avoiding Ethical Issues in Private Practice
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices
What: Lunch and Learn: Under Pressure: Avoiding Ethical Issues in Private Practice
Recent studies have confirmed that the overwhelming stress that is commonplace in our legal profession disproportionately results in lawyers suffering levels of stress, depression, anxiety, addiction, and other serious issues at rates much higher than those seen in the general population. Such mental health and addiction issues often lead to avoidable mistakes and can have severe consequences for both lawyers and their clients, often resulting in ARDC complaints.
What you will learn:
• The most common reasons complaints are filed with the ARDC;
• How mental health and addiction issues are connected to mistakes that lead to ARDC complaints;
• What one can do to minimize the likelihood of making these mistakes.
1.o hour of approved MCLE credit, including 1.0 hour of mental health & substance abuse MCLE credit.
- Chelsy A. Casto, JD, MA, MSW, LCSW, is the Director of Outreach and Clinical Programming, Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program
- Stephanie L. Stewart, Meyer Law Group, LLC