ISBA Lunch and Learn: E-Filing in Illinois
Where: ISBA Mutual Offices
What: Lunch and Learn: E-Filing in Illinois
Co-sponsored by ISBA Mutual Insurance Company and the Illinois State Bar Association
On July 1, 2017, eFileIL became mandatory for civil cases in the Illinois Supreme and Appellate Courts. Effective on January 1, 2018 it will become mandatory for civil cases in most circuit courts.
For a smooth transition that will allow you to continue to serve your clients effectively, come to this seminar and learn how to use eFileIL.
• How does e-filing work?
• What is an EFSP?
• Is e-filing secure?
• How do I serve other individuals with e-filed documents?
• Can I use e-service without filing a document with the court?
• Is there a fee to use eFileIL?
• What is the convenience fee?
• Is e-filing mandatory for my court?
• What types of cases can I e-file using eFileIL?
• Are there types of cases that I cannot e-file using eFileIL?
• When can I use eFileIL?
• How do I know whether a county has implemented the new system?
• Can I use eFileIL if I am pro per or pro se?
• What if the filing code that I am looking for is not an option in eFileIL?
• Must I register to use eFileIL system?
• Is support available for the eFileIL system?
• Is training available for using eFileIL?
- Zephrin Allen, Tyler Technologies, Austin, TX
- Maria Berger, Berger Law Firm LLC, Byron
Lunch provided by Smokeball.