Kent Law School Incubator Program: Malpractice Insurance: What Are You Buying? What are Carriers Selling?
Where: Kent Law School, Chicago, IL
What: Kent Law School Incubator Program
Presentation: Malpractice Insurance: What Are You Buying? What are Carriers Selling?
Outlines the Who, What, When and Why of a malpractice insurance policy so that lawyers can make an informed decision that protects them and their clients.
What you will learn:
• The difference between a Claims Made and Reported Policy and an Occurrence Policy
• The Named Insured – who is and is not covered
• What is a Claim? What is Malpractice?
• Calendar math – the policy and claim dates that affect whether claims are covered
• Succession Planning, Retirement and Extended Reporting Periods
• Common conditions that may or may not influence coverage
• Common exclusions
• Common endorsements and coverage
- Janet Raap, Vice President of Underwriting, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company
- Andrew Murray, Director of Sales, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company