Kane County Bar Association 11th Hour Seminar
Where: Geneva, IL
What: Kane County Bar Association – The 11th Hour Seminar
Presentation: The Secrets of a Lawyers’ Professional Liability Policy
Insurance policies are not meant to contain secrets. Many lawyers (probably most) never read their policy and do not know what features and benefits are provided. This course took a close look at the most misunderstood concepts people have about lawyers’ professional liability insurance. Little known features, benefits and best practices were also discussed to make participants get the most out of their policies. This information can help you protect the interests of both your firm and your clients.
This course focused on what insureds should know but commonly don’t understand about this type of insurance, including:
- How does liability insurance differ from other kinds of insurance?
- What benefits does a professional liability policy provide?
- Who is covered? The Named Insured
- Prior Acts Date and other important dates
- Incidents, Claims and Risk Management
- Conditions and Exclusions you should be aware of
- Extended Reporting Periods
Full seminar provided 6.0 credit hours MCLE.
- Brian Olson, Director of Member Services, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company