ISBA Trust & Estate Section Council Malpractice Avoidance Program
Where: Illinois State Bar Association
What: Illinois State Bar Association Trust & Estate Section Council Malpractice Avoidance Program
Presentation: Understanding Your Malpractice Insurance Coverage
Outlines the Who, What, When and Why of a malpractice insurance policy so that lawyers can make an informed decision that protects them and their clients.
What you will learn:
• The difference between a Claims Made and Reported Policy and an Occurrence Policy
• The Named Insured – who is and is not covered
• What is a Claim? What is Malpractice?
• Calendar math – the policy and claim dates that affect whether claims are covered
• Succession Planning, Retirement and Extended Reporting Periods
• Common conditions that may or may not influence coverage
• Common exclusions
• Common endorsements and coverage
- Jeff Strand, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company