Champaign County Bar Association MCLE
Where: Savoy, IL
What: Champaign County Bar Association Monthly CLE Lunch
Presentation: The Secrets of a Lawyers’ Professional Liability Policy
Insurance policies are not meant to contain secrets. Many lawyers (probably most) never read their policy and do not know what features and benefits are provided. This course took a close look at the most misunderstood concepts people have about lawyers’ professional liability insurance. Little known features, benefits and best practices were also discussed to help participants get the most out of their policies. This information can help you protect the interests of both your firm and your clients.
This course focused on what insureds should know but commonly don’t understand about this type of insurance, including:
- How does liability insurance differ from other kinds of insurance?
- What benefits does a professional liability policy provide?
- Who is covered? The Named Insured
- Prior Acts Date and other important dates
- Incidents, Claims and Risk Management
- Conditions and Exclusions you should be aware of
- Extended Reporting Periods
- Brian Olson, Director of Member Services, ISBA Mutual Insurance Company
For more information about how to have someone from ISBA Mutual present MCLE content to your organization, call (312) 379-2000.